Here we will explain what BPP is and how we can help you.
BPP is an online school intended to teach you Portuguese in a simple and fun way, with native speakers with formal education in the language.
Brazilian Portuguese Podcast was designed with the following categories of lessons to help your Portuguese:
- Grammar: These lessons are approached in a simple and intuitive way to help you pick up the language with a solid foundation of its structure.
- Pronunciation: In every lesson we’ll help you with pronunciation by repeating words and phrases nice and slowly by a native speaker. Also special lessons about pronunciation will help you understand how Brazilian sounds are produced, thus helping you to sound more and more like a Brazilian.
- Vocabulary: You’ll learn new vocabulary with detailed information about each word, and sometimes vocabulary differences from different regions around the country.
- Conversation: In this kind of lesson you’ll learn useful phrases to be able to hold conversations as well as everyday vocabulary to answer and respond questions asked to you.
- Cultural Notes: Considering the wide richness and variety of our culture we’ll provide explanatory notes so you can make yourself comfortable with our language and blend in with our people.
- Materials: Up-to-date links to music, books, movies, radio broadcast and TV shows to take your Portuguese to the next level as well as an audio file about these subjects.
- Tourism in Brazil: we’ll have posts about tourism in Brazil with useful hints, where to go and what are the best services to make sure you will get the most out of country.
- Interactive activities: Quizzes and other activities to help you keep track of your learning.
Are the lessons free?
Yes! The lessons from the Podcast are always FREE although BPP has also a paid service that works based on the FREE lessons.
What is paid membership/subscription?
BPP membership/subscription includes:
- PDF guides with transcripts, grammar close-up and extra vocabulary.
- Extra audio files with in-depth explanation of each topic.
- Access to interactive online activities
- Priority on question answering and support.
- Among other features!
You can either subscribe and receive access to lessons in a timely basis or order single lessons. Learn more.
Can I order a single lesson?
Maybe you’re just interested in one or two lessons, or you still want to try a few more lessons before you become a subscriber. For now single lesson will have to be ordered manually. Just follow these instructions:
- Choose your lesson
- Go to the contact page (located at the bottom)
- In the subject field put ORDERING SINGLE LESSON
- In the body of the form say what lesson will be ordered
- We will process your request and send you a paypal invoice through e-mail
- As soon as your payment is confirmed in our system we will send you a download link from our server with your lesson.
How paid subscription/membership works?
Once you are registered as a subcriber/member, and paid for your susbcription/package, BPP’s system will automatically grant you access to the extra material you paid for.
Then you have to log in. To do that go to the Members Area page, there you will find a link for it in the menu.
Once you’re logged in all you have to do is look for the lesson you want and click on the links for the extra materials (at the bottom of each post). Note that you will have access only to extra materials related to the lessons you paid for in your membership/subscription. Check out how the links look like:
How much does susbcription/membership cost?
Check out the Pricing page.
How can I subscribe to free BPP podcasts on iTunes?
There are two basic ways you can do that:
- You see that sidebar on the right? At the top of it there’s a section called “Subscribe” and there’s an “iTunes” button there. Simply click on it and will automatically open iTunes and ask you if you want to subscribe to BPP, click “Yes”. You’re done. Note: Maybe your browser will ask for confirmation before performing the command.
- Open iTunes. Click on “Advanced” at the menu. Click on “Subscribe to Podcast”. Paste BPPs feed in the text box (http://feeds.feedburner.com/BrazilianPortuguesePodcast). Click OK. Nicely done!
If you’re still have trouble susbcribing to BPP on iTunes you may want to check the iTunes Podcast Fan FAQ.